Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Moving on

So, our wait was not unfruitful.  God has a sense of humor,of that I am certain.  Over the course of my life, both just in time and my spiritual life, He likes to remind me that not only is he in control but that He has quite a vivid sense of humor.  He also likes to remind us of who we are with AND without Him.  Sometimes scary, sometimes just sad.   Either way, good to be reminded every now and again. 

No no, we aren't pregnant.  Put away those celebratory items.  Bring out the moving truck celebratory items!!  After a long wait, longer for me because I felt like we had our answer last year, we are moving towards a new state.  Let the cheering begin!!!!  HAZZAH!!  Wahoo!!  and all that!

My husband recently became unemployed (long story, not worth it) and it was the final message from God he needed to move ahead.  Normally I'd be freaked out by this but so far, not so much.  I'd still feel better if he just got some kind of "in the mean time" job for the sake of the finances but I know that God will deliver us in whatever fashion He sees fit.  Normally we don't go fancy so we aren't in too much need =)  We talked and it was decided that who ever got the first job dictated where we'd move.  Yeah, I know, sounds real scientific and thought involving.  We felt that God was sending us so He'd make a way.  We prayed and prayed and I, of course, worried and prayed some more.  Then I got a job interview and Tom found out that he'd have to take a test for any law enforcement job he wanted to apply for in FL.  So, as it turned out, my formal face-to-face interview took place on the same day as the test for Tom.  Tom rocked that test and I accepted a new position.  We've got some wonderful friends there who will let me stay with them while Tom finishes prepping the house for renting and then he'll join me.  He also just got an acceptance of one of his applications that means he can test for that specific job (on the tests:  There is a generic law enforcement test in FL that is required by all jurisdictions and then each jurisdiction or agency can add to that with their own test or whatever). 

I leave here in a few weeks and I'm so giddy that I almost don't want to come to work here any more because I just want to go down there now and find a place to live and start the new chapter in our life.  I'm ready, so ready, to move on!  Obviously I'll keep coming to work and doing my job but for the first time in many, many moons I feel joy again.  I know, it's probably just excitement over the new direction we are headed.  However, if that's true, then it's the first time in many, many moons that I've felt excitement. 

I just find it funny that God used unemployment to get thru to my hubby and a lack of income for the family to bring me excitement.  Just goes to prove that he created to very stubborn and hard headed children and it's a good thing we are together and not bothering other people who wouldn't know what to do with us.   You are hilarious God!!!  Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I've found you! I'm so excited for you and all that God has planned that I can hardly stand it. WooHoo!! God is good!

    ReplyDelete